Standard Terms of Business
These Terms of Business define the contractual arrangements which are deemed to apply to all commercial transactions between Wrinklies Direct (WD) and the The Client.
1. Where a candidate is introduced through WD services for a part or full time position, contractual arrangements with each candidate must be strictly between the individual candidate and the Client.
2. It is The Client’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information supplied by the candidate to WD (whether in the form of a CV or not) concerning their previous employment and general business experience. Accordingly WD cannot be held liable in any way to the Client for the performance of a candidate nor for any information supplied by the candidate to either WD or The Client. Any Candidate Profile or other information provided by WD may contain a summary of the candidate's experience and/or the opinion of WD on the candidate's abilities but does not constitute either a binding commitment or guarantee as to the candidate's suitability for specific tasks and WD can in no way be held liable for any loss damage claims or expense whether direct or indirect special or consequential suffered by The Client in relying on such information.
3. Fees: For all Permanent, Part time or Contract appointments for candidates introduced to The Client through the use of WD services, a recruitment fee will be agreed in advance with the Client.
4. What constitutes an Introduction? As soon as the CV (or such other form of professional and/or personal summary as may be requested) of a candidate has been received by The Client in order that The Client can assess the suitability of the candidate, both parties shall agree that WD services will have introduced the candidate to The Client ("the Introduction").
5. Terms of Payment. Fees become payable within 14 days of the first date of employment of the candidate. Should the candidate resign or be dismissed within the first 28 days of employment or engagement 75% of the recruitment fee will be refunded. WD will undertake to provide the original services on a best efforts basis to replace that candidate and charge a fee of 75% of the original recruitment fee. Should a candidate resign or be dismissed within the following 32 days of employment WD will undertake to provide the original services on a best efforts basis to replace that candidate, free of charge providing the fee had been paid for that candidate, by the due date.
The Client should be aware that failure to meet the due dates for fee payment shall void any refund guarantees.
6. Interest. If any payment is not made on or before the due date WD reserves the right to charge interest at a rate fixed under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
7. These terms and conditions of business apply to any candidate who is appointed to a contract, temporary, permanent, full time or part time placement with The Client within 12 months of being introduced by WD.
8. These terms represent the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any previous representations or agreements whether recorded in writing or otherwise.
9. These conditions may not be varied except by the written consent of Wrinklies Direct.
10. Both parties agree that these terms and conditions are fair and reasonable in all the circumstances.
11. Both parties agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that any documents or other information supplied in the course of this agreement remains confidential as between them.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court.